Do you like a challenge? Then I’ve got a great one for you this week, in fact for the entire month of June. And it’s all about kindness. Something I think we could all use a bit more of these days.
Since I’ve dedicated the month of June to the joy habit of kindness, as far as I’m concerned, the best place to start is always with yourself. So, my challenge for week one of your kindness challenge is to practice at least one “random act of kindness” towards yourself every day.
You might be asking yourself “how can I show kindness towards myself in a random way?” Well, you might surprise yourself. Which is actually the point!
The objective is not to overthink this. In fact, take planning right out of your equation when it comes to this challenge. This isn’t about controlling anything.
I’m asking you to trust that your soul always communicates with you, guiding you in loving ways in the direction of your ultimate joy. You just need to pay attention. In fact, there really is no such thing as random. Trust the messages you receive and act upon them.
First of all, acknowledge that you are deserving of love and kindness. The fact that you are here is evidence enough.
As Chardin suggests in our opening quote that love is the expression of joy and I would suggest that love and kindness are also intertwined. Therefore, love must ultimately start with showing kindness towards yourself. Like the old saying goes, you can’t give what you don’t have.
To show love and kindness towards others, you must first extend it to yourself.
Here are a few things that might “pop” into your mind this week to give you a random kindness experience. And I’m sure you’ll discover quite a few more of your own:
- You catch a look at yourself in the mirror and rather than saying, I look fat, or I look tired, say instead “I look beautiful” and “I love you”. Then smile big!
- You make a special snack or meal just for yourself – something you’ve been craving.
- You take a break in the middle of your day to go outdoors just to smile and smell the fresh air.
- Your impulse tells you to wake early and rather than roll over and go back to sleep, you get up to see the sunrise.
- You write yourself a love note and put it somewhere to be discovered on a day when you need a boost.
- You write a love letter to yourself and mail it to yourself. I personally love this one and have done it a few times!
- If you have a landline and a cell phone, leave a kind message to yourself from one device to the other. Save it to listen to anytime you need a reminder of how special you are.
- Take an afternoon nap.
- Eat a big bowl of popcorn for no reason at all. One of my favourites!
Once you give yourself permission to act in a loving way towards yourself more often, your “random acts of self kindness” will become more automatic and just your way of being. And that my friend is truly joyful living!
Love from your Joy Mama,
P.S. If you haven’t already read my book Being Joy™, it’s a simple 40-day practice of replacing old self-defeating beliefs with new empowering joy habits. As your vibrational frequency increases, you’ll not only experience more joy, but you’ll also be a beacon of hope for others who have forgotten their own joy. Please join me on this important mission by ordering your copy today!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like these:
Image courtesy of Pixabay.