Taking a risk these days when everything seems so upside down, seems like the most impractical and irresponsible thing to do. But what if taking a risk was actually the safest thing you could do? This is what I mean.
Let’s face facts. Life is never going to be the way it was before the pandemic. In fact I’m beginning to think that we will all look at this as a dividing point in time. I would call it PRE-COVID and POST-COVID. And trust me, they are going to be fundamentally different.
So if you agree with my prediction, then why not create the reality you want from a position of intention as opposed to from a place of victimhood. But that will take creative courage. It will mean becoming a creative rebel.
In my May newsletter Joy Matters, I included the chapter from my book Being Joy™ called Be Creative in which I relayed the story of how I became a creative rebel and why I think it’s important to be one.
So what is a creative rebel and how do you know if you are one?
Take this short quiz to find out.
- When in a group, do you like to lead?
- When something doesn’t turn out the way you planned, do you shake it off and just chalk it up to experience?
- Do you loose track of time when engaged in a favourite creative pursuit?
- Do you consistently devote time to a creative project?
- Are you able to juggle more than one creative project at the same time?
- Do you get bored easily and thrive on change?
- Do you value personal freedom more than just about any other thing?
- Are you insightful and have a keen sense of foresight?
- Do you see opportunities where others see problems?
- Are you an optimist?
If you said yes to 5 or 6 questions, you’re creative, but are still a bit risk adverse.
If you said yes to 7 or 8 questions, then you’re on your way to becoming a true creative rebel.
And if you said yes to 9 or 10 questions, you are definitely a serial creative rebel!
Welcome to the club. We have room and could use another one just like you!
You see, rebels aren’t afraid of being different. They know who they are and embrace the difference. Their creative energy fuels everything they do and how they think. They aren’t afraid of making mistakes and it’s their imagination that brings about innovation in our world. I believe it’s the creative rebels that will help usher in the positive changes we need in our POST-COVID world.
Bravo for creative rebels. Take a risk. We need you more now than ever!
Love from your Joy Mama
P.S. Are you a creative rebel? Drop your comment in the section below. Would love to hear what you have to say.
Image courtesy of Pixabay.